Wednesday, January 15, 2014

McFarlane Sports Picks Customizers

McFarlane Sports Picks Customizers

Creating the Sports Figures We WISH McFarlane Would Make

My brother was an excellent quarterback for our high school, leading his team to several wins against highly touted conference opponents in 1970. Anyone from our school would acknowledge his accomplishments. That said, I'll admit it's very doubtful that action figures of my brother in his high school uniform would sell heavily on the national market. Certainly McFarlane has shown they believe this to be true as they have not issued a figure of my brother - or of any other high school athlete.

Recently I wanted to give my brother a figure of himself for a Christmas present - what was I to do?

I turned to a customizer (Jomo), an artist who takes sports figures and changes them into one-of-a-kind collectible. The result was a figure that looked as good or better than a figure you'd buy from the store, made to exacting details of my brother's uniform back in 1970. Another artist (RB) created the packaging for the figure so I was able to give my brother a packaged sports toy of himself that look like I'd purchased it right off the store shelves.

custom McFarlane sports pick figure custom McFarlane sports pick figure in custom packaging and insert

custom McFarlane sports pick figure                                           custom McFarlane sports pick figure in custom packaging and insert

Here are two photos of the final figure, fully assembled and in its packaging - the quality is so good you can't tell that this wasn't created by McFarlane and sold in one of its football series just by looking at it. The final product was tremendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment