Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kotobukiya Spider-Woman Bishoujo Statue & More at NYCC 2013!

Kotobukiya Bishoujo Spider-Woman Statue Coming May 2014
Regular readers know that I’m not quite a fan of the typical Kotobukiya Bishoujo Marvel statues. That said, Kotobukiya definitely got my attention last week when they revealed the concept sketch for a Jubilee Bishoujo statue before New York Comic Con 2013 even began! I suspected we wouldn’t see any further sneak peeks of Jubilee (that sounded dirty) at the show, but I made Kotobukiya an early stop at NYCC 2013 nonetheless. I was rewarded for my efforts with a release date for the Kotobukiya Jubilee and a glimpse at some upcoming statues, including the Bishoujo Spider-Woman sculpt being shown for the first time ever Kotobukiya released the concept artwork for the Spider Woman Bishoujo statue a few months back, so I was totally prepared to see a prototype Spider Woman in a raunchy pose at the 2013 New York Comic Con. And, well–she definitely is in a pose that could be construed as being a bit explicit. But then again, maybe she’s not in such a provocative pose at all!
You know how sometimes Spider-Man or Daredevil will squat down into a crouching pose on top of a gargoyle statue or some such when stalking a super-villain? Yup–that’s exactly what I’m certain the Kotobukiya artists envisioned when they hatched this design for Spider-Woman. If you’re imagining anything to the contrary, it’s just your dirty imagination at work. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment